Saturday, September 30, 2017

Words of Inspiration and Motivation




"It is import to help children as much as possible about parenting to help prevent social problems like premature child bearing, and child neglect and abuse. Now that we know more about brain development in the very young, it is critical that we teach our future parents the important role that parents can play in stimulating and nuturing their children, and in preparing them to reach their full potential in school and in later life." - Edward Zigler, Ph.D

"Get kids out of poverty. Poverty is devastating." - Edward Zigler




"Each of us must come to care about everyone else's children. We must recognize that the welfare of our children is intimately linked to the welfare of all other people's children. After all, when one of our children needs life-saving surgery, some else's child will perform it. If one of our children is harmed by violence, someone else's child will be responsible for the violent act. The good life for our own children can be secured only if a good secured for all other people's children." - Lilian Katz

"In cooperative learning, you have a purposeful, meaningful, and authentic context in which children can sharpen their communicative skills." - Lilian Katz

                                                    Educational Professional Quotes

"Growing up with my parents being involved in my education made me interested in working in the field of Early Childhood Education." - Sandy Escobido

Passion comes from within each of us; it can not be imposed or mandated from outside. At the same time, it compels us to move outside, to engage with the world around us." - John Hagel

3 comments:

  1. Your quotes were powerful! Dr. Zigler seems like a pretty incredible man and what a framework he has created. I am intrigued to learn more about Lilian Katz. I loved reading her quote about caring about the welfare of other people's children. The world really is made up of a big web, we never know when we will need someone else or how they will play a role in our lives. Caring about everyone will benefit everyone. Thanks for sharing!
    -Allison Giles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Allison; your quotes were compelling! I especially liked the one about the parents' role, by Dr. Zigler. As a teacher, I mainly focus on teaching children, but I rarely think about how parents should be taught as well. Many of them don't know the impact they can have on nurturing and teaching for the years leading up to school, and leave it for teachers to handle. However, parents play a huge role in this priming and preparation, and can better their children for school if they are aware of what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you included images along with the quotes! I too agree that you chose very powerful quotes! The world would be such a better place if we would keep this message into our consciousness regarding caring for everyone else's children, and the welfare of all children.

    ReplyDelete