Thursday, September 21, 2017

Personal Childhood Web

The first person who nurtured and cared for me the most when I was a child was my grandmother. My grandmother cared for me and taught me everything I needed to know from birth to a college student. My mother was in her senior year of college and my grandmother made sure I had everything I needed. My grandmother was a huge influence on my educational career because she is also a teacher and her journey inspired me to be one as well. She cared and made me feel special by allowing me to have whatever I wanted or needed in school. My grandmother continues to have a strong impact on my life now that is able to be that same nurturing grandmother to my child. She provides him with the knowledge and love she gave me years ago.

My mother contunes to be that caring person she was twenty-seven years ago. My mother influenced by being persistent and going after what she wants in life. She has cared for my two brothers and I by providing us with the tools we need to succeed in every day life. She makes me feel special by allowing my needs to overshadow hers. If I ask her for something, she would go without to make sure I had what I needed. She continues to be an influence on my life by following after my dreams and going after what I want to accomplish.

My aunt Flora cared about me tremoundously as a child. My aunt made sure she treated us to snacks, toys, and lots of love daily. She influenced my life as a child by watching her be patient with us and being such a smart English teacher. My aunt's influene continues to impact my life as a mom and a teacher by displaying patience to my own students and child.

My cousin, Patriia, has been more like a sister rather than cousin to me. She has influenced my life a lot just by trying to be like her. She taught me a lot as a child about fashion and being a girly girl. She was a great baby sitter to my cousins and I. We would watch movies and she would do our hair. She continues to be an influence in my life by being my child's godmother in this present day.

My Dad nurtured and cared for me my entire life. As a child he would support me at all the events I had at school. He taught me how to drive a car, change the oil in a car, and save money. My Dad was very influential in my life because he gave me all the essentials I needed to surive adulthood. As a young child, he has always taught me about saving money and knowing how to do things for myself. Every lesson I have learned comes mosstly from him. In this present day, his influence still remains as an important part of my life. He still continues to moivate me and teach me the ways of the world.


5 comments:

  1. Meigan, I loved getting a small bit of insight to your life and learning about some of the people who helped you become the person you are today. I really enjoyed reading what a special bond you and your grandmother share. My grandparents all passed away when I was young, but my mother is now the Nana to my three children. I see a lot of similarities with the way my mother is there for my children as your grandmother was there for you. I also share a lot of similarities with you, in how the strong woman in our life helped to nurture and make sure we were set but the strong men in our life, did the fatherly things like teaching us so many things, like changing the oil and teaching us how to drive. Thanks for sharing!
    -Allison Giles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meigan it was great being able to see how you grew up and who was so important in your life. The bond you have with your grandmother is amazing. Not many of us are able to have that. You seem to become stronger and stronger with all the support you have around you. Thank you so much for sharing!!!
    -Melissa Hernandez

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meigan, I really enjoyed getting to know you better. The relationship that you have with Grandmother is amazing! I wish I was able to create a relationship with my Grandmother like you have. It sounds like you have a lot of support when it comes to teaching since some of your family members are also teachers. That allows for a great relationship. I share some similarities with you as my mom and dad have also been a huge influence on my life. Thank you for sharing!
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meigan,
    I love reading more about you and your family. My grandmother also raised me and my brother. It's a special relationship that only some are lucky enough to have. Thank you for sharing your family with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Meigan. You have a wonderful support system! I have a special place in my heart for loving grandmothers. It's great that you have your aunt and grandmother who have been educators, you have such an advantage; you can definitely learn a lot from them ;)

    ReplyDelete